Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wendy's 30th Birthday!


On April 4th I turned 30. I have to say that it wasn't that big of a deal for me to turn 30. I have accomplished everything that I would have wanted to by the time I reached this milestone. I have two amazing children who bless me more and more everyday, I have a great marriage, wonderful friends, an fantastic church, incredible family. I have a great career in one of the few businesses that is booming, we have a place to live, and money in our bank account. Life by no means is perfect and we have hit some rough spots this past year, but all-in-all it's a pretty good life. The hardest part, like everything else since August, was not having my dad around.

My husband and two of my friends worked together to throw me a wonderful birthday party. Originally it was meant as a surprise, but I am not that great at being surprised and, to be honest, my husband isn't that great at surprising me. I knew the date (my birthday!), location, approximate time, but I didn't know how amazing and fun it was going to be. Weeks prior my husband had expressed concerned because the evites didn't get sent out on time and for whatever reason 1/2 the people hadn't received them. I kept reassuring him that it was okay...and there was a great turn out! The people in my life that I have shared a lot with, and some really awesome new friends. It was a great group.

The party was held at Starting Grounds church and Chrystal & Starr did an amazing job at decorating it. It was perfect. The food was prepared by Debi & Starr and they did an great job--it was delicious and perfect. My cake was adorable and my mom even made me my own cake...my favorite. My gifts were out of this world...I loved everything. It was a perfect party.

Afterwards another couple and us went bowling. It was a really good day. I know a lot of people struggle with their 30th and have anxiety about it, but I can honestly say that my life is great. Here are a few photos from my wonderful party!!




No comments: