Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Madeline's First Day of School



Madeline's First Day of School was a bittersweet moment for us. On onehand, she is so grown up and becoming such a special little girl, but on the otherhand she has matured so quickly and we are watching her turn into this little person & it's going by way too fast.

Each day is a new adventure for Madeline. She is learning something new and exciting, and looks forward to meeting new people. School was no exception! She's been talking about it since April when we signed her up. She's been ready for months and couldn't wait to get to school. She had no problems with us leaving the class and when she called "MOMMY!" I rushed back in only for her to ask if she could get out of her chair and look at the play-doh. Hmph. Am I happy she isn't attached to my leg and sobbing like the other kids, or am I sad that she doesn't want to be bothered with a hug and kiss...she's ready to play!

She pops out of bed each morning ready for school, even though she only goes two times a week. She can't wait to paint, read books, and talk to her new friends. In between the tears and sadness that our little baby is no longer a baby, I have to admit that I am filled with joy and pride watching my little Maddie go off to school!

No comments: